We’re excited to announce that IHC is expanding our editorial side, and we’re looking for writing interns to help us make that #lifegoal happen.
Currently, the trajectory of glory we’re on has positioned us to usher in a new generation of creative content (think Fader, Pitchfork, and Complex). We’re fast becoming authorities of DIY culture in LA and beyond, and we want you, your voice and your expertise to be a part of our new editorial team. Kool Aid, anyone?
We’re currently hiring the following types of writing interns:
– Star Wars correspondent
– Comic blogger
– Fashion blogger
– TV/Film blogger
– Comedy blogger
– Music writers
We’re looking for people who ….
– Have a great sense of humor and a strong, unique voice. This isn’t the Huffington Post. We use contractions, know what I mean?
– Have an undying passion for one or more of the following: music, fashion, film, art, comedy, comics (we heart them), or some other unspecified weird, nerdy proclivity that you feel you’re an authority on.
– Have original viewpoints and a ever-so-slight disdain for normalcy. As we expand IHC’s editorial side, we’re looking for writers who can think outside the box, not just regurgitate something that happened that one time at the place.
– Want to get their writing out to a wide audience of readers.
– Understand the IHC culture and vision.
What you’ll be doing
– Writing your own column or covering a specific cultural beat of your choosing in depth.
– Covering bleeding-edge music and culture news in an original way.
– Interviewing artists and other people of interest.
– Pitching article and video ideas.
– Going to events and writing about it.
– Living the dream.
Skills you need
– Please be able to speak English like it’s not your 117th language.
– A basic knowledge of how to write for the internet, qualities that make a piece go viral, SEO best practices (although we can teach you), how to integrate social media into your piece, etc.
– Zeal, light-t0-medium sass.
– Your own computer – okay not technically a skill, but you will need one to type words on.
– P. Negotiable.
Is it paid?
Currently, this is an unpaid internship. But being a part of our team does guarantee your access to certain events and concerts.
If you’re interested, please send the following to [email protected] (Me, hi).
1. Three writing samples.
2. Five article or column pitches. Can be anything.
3. A link to any relevant social media pages of yours (Twitter, Instagram, etc).
4. Your availability and location.
Don’t let that expensive and otherwise useless English degree or debilitating nerdism with no outlet go to waste; come play with us instead.
P.S. If you or someone you know isn’t into writing but has other useful skillz and interests like social media, videography, design, production or photography, please email [email protected] about possible internships.